Call for Abstracts
The International Program Committee invites prospective authors to submit abstracts for the 26th Congress and General Assemble of the International Union of Crystallography (IUCr 2023), being held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Abstract submissions can be made via the Abstract Submission Portal below:
All abstracts must follow the instructions listed below and be submitted online by midnight, (AEDT) 21 February 2023.
The IUCr is committed to ensuring broad representation in all its objectives and to being a beacon for best practices in gender equity, diversity and inclusiveness in our membership, activities, events, programs, and service. For full details on the IUCr policy, please click here.). We are collecting this information in order to ensure this Congress properly represents our community.
All enquiries regarding abstracts for IUCr 2023 should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract Submission Details and Guidelines
- Abstracts must be submitted using the template provided to be considered by the Review Panel
- Submitters of the abstract must select which Microsymposium they are electing their abstract for during the submission process
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed
- Only one abstract per registered presenting author
- Notifications will be emailed only to the submitting author
- Abstracts must not exceed one page (including the title, authors and affiliations)
- Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format only, using the IUCr 2023 Abstract Template
- Abstracts can include figures, tables and/or diagrams
- All abbreviations must be spelled out on first use
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted by midnight, (AEDT) 21 February 2023 for consideration by the Committee. Authors will be notified of abstract acceptance by late March 2023.
Microsymposiums for Submissions
IUCr 2023 Committee warmly invites you to submit an abstract to one of the specific Microsympoisums running at the Conference.
A full list of the Microsymposiums and all related information can be found here on the Congress website - https://iucr2023.org/microsymposiums/
During the abstract submission process, you will be required to provide;
- Title of abstract
- Microsymposium to which you want your abstract to be considered for
- First and last names of all authors
- Full affiliations for all authors
- Abstract PDF file (a maximum of one page) following the template
Once you have submitted your abstract, you will receive an automated submission successful email.
Terms and Conditions
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following terms and conditions for participation in IUCr 2023;
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation
- The presenting author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program. The presenting author will immediately notify the Congress Secretariat if they are unable to present the abstract, or if the presenting author changes
- Submission of the contact details provided are those of the presenter of the abstract. He/she will be notified about the status of the abstract and is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract
- Submission of the abstract constitutes consent of all authors of the abstract to publication (e.g. IUCr 2023 website, programs, and other promotions)
- All authors of the abstract warrant and represent that they either are the sole owners of, or have all necessary rights to, sublicense all the information and content in the abstract provided to the IUCr and its organizers, and that publication of the abstract does not infringe any rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights, or of any third parties
IUCr 2023 reserves the right to remove from any publication any abstract that does not comply with the above.